Roma-Family in Bulgaria – Photo: Geschenke der Hoffnung e.V. (2014)
- How poor am I actually?
- Am I even poor?
- Or do I just feel that way?
Below I collected 27 possible “deficiencies” that could occur during our lives. From these 27 different forms of „poverty“ find out for yourself, through the self-test below, how poor (or rich) you actually are. For this purpose each of the 27 “areas of life” should be assessed as follows:Points per “deficiency”:
- 5 points: I have no deficiency
- 4 points: I seldom have deficiencies
- 3 points: Every now and then I have deficiencies
- 2 points: I often have deficiencies
- 1 point: I always have deficiencies
At the end add up your points and determine your total score. The results follow at the end.27 possible deficiencies in our lives – Poverty means “a deficiency in something”:
- 1. Deficiency in nutrition (undernourishment, malnourishment, hunger)
- 2. Deficiency in drinking water (dehydration, thirst, inadequate wells or filter plants)
- 3. Deficiency in medical care (no doctors, no hospitals, no insurance, no medicine, no money)
- 4. Deficiency in community (loneliness, isolation – the Germanic root of the word “poor” = “arm” means “lonely, orphaned, abandon” [!])
- 5. Deficiency in the love to live (listlessness, boredom, depressive moods, no goals)
- 6. Deficiency in resources (no ground and floor, no land)
- 7. Deficiency in social security (no family, no health insurance, retirement benefits, unemployment benefits, nursing insurance, liability insurance, home insurance, death insurance, legal insurance and life insurance – possibly 5 from 7 billion people worldwide live without social security!)
- 8. Deficiency in time, respectively free time (overstressing due to work, exploitation, low wages, illness in the family)
- 9. Deficiency in mobility (no car, no public transport, no money, disabilities)
- 10. Deficiency in attractiveness (unhappy with how you look, mobbing, disabilities)
- 11. Deficiency in education (school, apprenticeships, higher education, career, career ladder, comparing oneself with others, low wages)
- 12. Deficiency in fitness (overweight, sicknesses, disabilities, accidents, no training available, lack of desire)
- 13. Deficiency in healthy nutrition (fast-food, hunger attacks, deficiency in discipline, financially tight)
- 14. Deficiency in self-control (addictive behaviour, lack of discipline, bad influences from others)
- 15. Deficiency in development of life (no time, too many jobs or occupations, ties due to partners, parents, children etc.)
- 16. Deficiency in space (no apartment, no room, no private space, no arable land, narrowness, oppression, expulsion)
- 17. Deficiency in courage (fear of people, worry about the future, religious uncertainty, lack of civil courage)
- 18. Deficiency in freedom (political oppression, religious persecution, prison, spying, abduction, forced prostitution, slavery, displacement, exploitation, no voting rights, cultural traditions)
- 19. Deficiency in family (looking for partners, lack of children, deficiency in contact, divorce, separation, lacking a home)
- 20. Deficiency in a home-land (expulsion, flight, alienation, being a foreigner, speechlessness, voicelessness, lack of familiarity and security)
- 21. Deficiency of paid work (unemployment, feeling of uselessness, strapped for cash)
- 22. Deficiency in dignity (defamation, contempt, second class person, no equal opportunities)
- 23. Deficiency of freedom (war, uncertainty, disputes, conflict, litigation)
- 24. Deficiency in equilibrium (inner restlessness, tension, negative stress, fear, insomnia, burnout)
- 25. Deficiency in compassion (no/little feelings for others, dullness, thoughtlessness, laziness)
- 26. Deficiency in spirituality (no beliefs, lack of inspiration, no hope, little feeling)
- 27. Deficiency in health (pain, chronic illness, daily constraints, fear)
- 27 to 53 points: You feel that you have huge deficiencies in your life and feel poor.
- 54 to 80 points: You feel that you are poor. Due to a large number of deficiencies life is difficult for you.
- 81 to 107 points: You seldom feel poor. With the many positive sides to life you can compensate the few deficiencies that you have.
- 108 to 135 points: You feel almost no deficiencies. You feel personally happy and rich.
Wishing you lots of fun with the test!
PS. Further interesting articles you will find here:
© Encourager68 (2014)